** NEW NOMINATION GUIDELINES ARE NOW IN EFFECT. PLEASE READ UPDATED GUIDELINES BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR NOMINATION. INCOMPLETE NOMINATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. **
Please use the following guidelines when submitting a nomination for NAA`s Collier Trophy. Nominations that do not fall within the specifications listed below may not be considered during the selection process.
Criteria: The Robert J. Collier Trophy is awarded annually, for the greatest achievement in aeronautics or astronautics in America, with respect to improving the performance, efficiency, and safety of air or space vehicles, the value of which has been thoroughly demonstrated by actual use during the preceding year.
* The term "in America" is defined as a company, entity or individual based in the United States or a foreign subsidiary doing the development and manufacturing of aerospace products in the United States.
1. Collier Trophy Abstract Form - Due January 31st ** NEW GUIDELINE **
2. Nomination - Due January 31st
3. Letters of Support - Due February 28th
Collier Trophy Abstract Form: ** NEW GUIDELINE **
This form is designed to assist the Selection Committee in determining how your achievement fits the Collier Trophy criteria. Answers to the questions should be brief - elaboration can be included in the nomination. This form should be submitted as a word document along with your nomination by the January 31st deadline. Download the Collier Trophy Abstract Form.
All nomination materials should be prepared in a Microsoft Word format. The page layout, type and size of font may be of the writer's choosing.
- The nomination should contain the name of the person making the nomination including mailing address, telephone, and e-mail address.
- The nominee(s) must be fully identified by individual or company/organization name. In addition, one primary contact for each nominated entity must be listed along with mailing address, telephone and e-mail address.
- The justification for the nomination must be limited to three (3) pages and should state concisely the specific achievement for which the nominee is being cited. Particular attention should be paid to how that achievement relates to the preceding year and the justification should contain background information that would be pertinent and relevant in assisting the Selection Committee to understand how and why the nominee meets the criteria for this award.
- A proposed citation (30 words or less) which captures the essence of the achievement for which the nomination is being submitted is required and may be on a fourth page by itself.
- Attachments, reprints of articles, etc., will not be considered unless incorporated into and made part of the three-page justification.
- All nomination materials will become property of NAA.
- Nominations should be submitted along with the Collier Trophy Abstract by January 31st.
Letters of Support:
Letters supporting a particular nomination may be sent for consideration and will be provided to the Committee under separate cover. Letters should be in PDF Format and sent separately from nominations no later than February 28, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org with `Collier Support Letter` in the subject line.
Submitting a Nomination:
Collier Trophy Abstract Forms and Nominations must be submitted as a Word Document by email to: email@example.com CC: to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Collier Nomination” in the subject line and received at that email address between December 1 and January 31 (if January 31 falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline moves to the NEXT business day). If you have not received confirmation of the nomination within 24 hours of submission, please contact NAA directly at 703-416-4888 Ext 104.
The Robert J. Collier Trophy Selection Committee is appointed annually by invitation from the Chairman of the National Aeronautic Association.
Presenting a Nomination:
Nominators are required to appear before the Collier Selection Committee in the Washington, DC area to present their nomination. Presentations are limited to 10 minutes and details on the date and time of nomination presentations will be provide to nominators well in advance of the Committee meeting. The date for the Collier Trophy Selection is April 4, 2019 in Arlington, Virginia .
Announcement of Winner:
The winner will be announced following the Selection Committee meeting.
Presentation of the Trophy:
The Robert J. Collier Trophy is presented annually by the National Aeronautic Association at a formal dinner on June 13, 2019 in the Washington D.C. area.